Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shift Happens

Did you Know?

  • That China will become the #1 English speaking country in the world?
  • That 25% of India's population with the highest I.Q.'s is greater than the total population of the United States?
  • That the top 10 in-demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004?
  • That there are over 200 million users registered in myspace?

source:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8&feature=related


Neither did I.

This video reminded me how fast technology is advancing. It is really hard to keep up with new gadgets and everything else that technology has to offer. It is a new way of living and we all need to adapt. As an educator I must figure out ways to bring in all this new technology into the classroom and use it in a way that will benefit students. As the video says we must " prepare kids for jobs that don't exist using technologies that haven't been invented in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet". But in order to educate others I must first educate myself. Therefore I must learn more and keep updated as much possible, and this video has showed me that I have a lot to research and learn.

2 comments:

  1. You've got it~ how to remain current is a lifetime of curiosity~

    ReplyDelete
  2. -That the top 10 in-demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004?
    -That there are over 200 million users registered in myspace?

    *WOW* those facts are shocking... and it goes to show that technology has made a huge impact upon us...

    ReplyDelete